What are the benefits of educating yourself about your choices in childbirth?
- Classes help build your confidence in your body’s ability to give birth.
- You can discuss your fears about labor and birth with the instructor and other couples with the same concerns.
- Your partner will learn about childbirth and how to support you on the big day. You may find that attending childbirth classes together will create a special bond.
- Your instructor will discuss pain relief options, including massage, relaxation, breathing techniques, and medications.
For those exploring alternatives to a home birth, touring the birthing facility, gives you the opportunity to see the staff in action. This is also a great time to ask about routine practices, such as electronic fetal monitoring and freedom of movement during labor.
If you are planning a hospital birth, you may feel more comfortable with a small intimate setting for child prep, where you can speak openly, and honestly together, enjoying in depth conversations. Topics covered included but not limited to: coping skills, physiology of labor and birth, emotional aspects, and childbirth options. A class at the hospital will offer a basic overview of labor and birth and may teach specific standard hospital practices, leaving out alternatives and other options you also have.
No matter what type of birth you are planning, hospital, birth center, or home, this form of childbirth preparation will prove to be invaluable to you and your partner.
HypnoBirthing® uses deep relaxation, visualization, affirmations, and deep breathing techniques to achieve a confident, peaceful, and positive birthing experience.
Parents will learn proven techniques creating a special bond between them and their precious baby. HypnoBirthing® is a childbirth method that focuses on preparing parents for a gentle birth.
Some of the many benefits of HypnoBirthing® are:
- Reduces the fear-tension-pain cycle before, during, and after labor
- Reduces, and often eliminatates the need for an epidural, and other forms of pain medicine.
- May shorten the first stage of labor by several hours
- Reduces fatigue, allowing more energy for active phase of labor
- Empowers partners with the knowledge and tools to support the laboring woman.
- Creates happy, well adjusted mothers, and in turn enables babies to have the same feeling.
- Creates a calm, peaceful, and confident birthing environment for you and your baby.
HypnoBirthing® classes are a wonderful mindset to bring with you to your birth. Having a calm, peaceful mind, will allow mothers to have relaxed bodies, and in turn allow for an empowered birthing experience.
Birthing from Within®
Birthing from Within® prenatal classes offer a soulful and holistic approach to birth and parenting preparation that integrate hands on learning and focused discussion. Parents-to-be will discover and learn about their inner strengths, how to tap into them through coping practices, and how to use them in birth and parenting, whether that be as planned or when something unexpected takes the journey on a detour.
The main purpose of childbirth preparation is to prepare mothers to give birth-in-awareness, not to achieve a specific birth outcome.
From these classes you will explore an array of topics, some are listed below but not limited to:
- understand the anatomy and physiology of birth – what to expect at each stage of labor (physically and emotionally)
- understand that childbirth is a right of passage not a medical event (even when medical care is part of birth)
- explore the very heart of childbirth education, which is self-discovery
- learn how to prepare your birth place
- learn how to get information and make decisions in labor
- develop pain coping practices for labor including mindfulness, breath awareness, visualization and hypnosis, use of positions, and other advanced comfort measures
- understand when it is compassionate to use drugs and epidurals
- learn how fear affects childbirth, how to identify, tame and work with your fears
- understand the recovery and planning for the postpartum period for an easier, smoother transition to parenthood
- learn how to care for and feed your newborn
- establish community resources
Class sizes are kept to 4-5 couples to build rapport and encourage insightful discussion.
Tuition Cost is $350 and includes:
HypnoBirthing or Birthing from Within textbook, and numerous handouts and practice scripts.
50% non-refundable tuition deposit with enrollment form is required to hold your place in class, and remaining balance is due by the first day of class, or pay full fee in advance before the start of class.
When we receive your deposit, or full payment, we will then email you directly with any additional intake forms. Please complete them, and bring them with you to your first class with us. Any questions? Please email Jo Kilburn at email@example.com or Noelle Gilmore at firstname.lastname@example.org